Thursday, January 6, 2011

They can read! They can read!

So glad to hear  the members of  the U.S. House of Representatives spent the morning of their first day of the new session reading the U.S. Constitution.  Now we know they speak English and are capable of reading words put on paper.

They said they did it because it was something that the 'Tea Party' folks wanted.  Huh?  I hope they all feel better about themselves now, but I wish they had at least a little bit of embarrassment to go along with it - because I was embarrassed for them.  It's absurd!  We don't need more theater or grandstanding.

I took my son to his pediatrician today for his 5 year check-up.  The doctor did not open up his textbooks from Medical School to find out what to do.  He did that way before we showed up at his office.

I would have loved it if just one representative would have stood up today and said, "I got elected because people assumed correctly that I have read this document before - and I don't need to prove to the rest of you that I have."

No comments:

Post a Comment