Monday, January 10, 2011

Congrats Auburn!

but do you really have to bring "God" into it?  Gene Chizik and Cam Newton immediately felt the need to evoke "God" into the game result.  Let's get real here.  If there is a "God" - do we really want to think that he/she gives a flip about the outcome of a football game?  God actually favors Auburn over Oregon?  Really?  Believe in a God if you want - but at least give him or her credit for having more pressing issues to deal with.

Reason #78 why I am glad I call myself agnostic.  If there is a God - I'd rather he/she deal with sick children - and leave the football games to the rest of us.

1 comment:

  1. That bothered me as well; especially after the murders of this past weekend that happened less than 100 miles away. 'God was with us'.... REALLY!?!

    ReplyDelete