Friday, June 3, 2011

Not a Mormon Slam

The Stepford candidate Mitt Romney has officially entered the 2012 presidential race.  I make no secret about the fact that he makes my skin crawl - and it has nothing to do with his "Mormon" religious belief.  I won't go through my long list of reasons why he makes my skin crawl - you can probably figure them out on your own.

My gripe is with the people who use their "Christian" belief as the reason why they think I shouldn't be allowed to marry the person of my choice - but yet will have no problem casting a vote for Mitt Romney.  Uh - do they even know what Mormon's believe?  The answer is probably no.  I don't have a problem with  Mormon's believing that "Jesus" landed somehow in the good old U S of A - and wandered this great land from sea to shining sea.   After all - I'm all for people believing any myth that suits their interest - as long as they don't want that belief to have some type of hold over my personal life.

I was raised Southern Baptist and the premise of anything like that happening was just not part of the curriculum.  It wasn't in the  King James version of the Bible - so it couldn't have happened - since we were told repeatedly that we had the answer and everything else didn't.

Sorry for digressing...back to the point...

If someone thinks that I shouldn't be allowed to marry the person of my choice because of their "Christian" belief - then that person has to be consistent and say they can't vote for Mitt Romney because he believes and promotes something that they consider to be not "Christian".  You can't have it both ways.  You either believe what you believe - or you don't.

and to my Mormon friends out there - keep believing - just stay out of my personal business.

No comments:

Post a Comment