Monday, February 20, 2012

Snow Days

We find ourselves hitting the slopes for 5 days in Jackson Hole with a son who has decided that he could ski every day for the rest of his life and be totally content.  The idea sounds great to a 6 year old and at that age the realities of life haven't set in.  Boy - is he in for a let down.

Have I mentioned that I hate it when people make the comments about "kids growing up so fast"?  I know I have - look back and you'll probably find it.  BUT - it's true.  I was watching him do things on skis that scared the daylights out of me and he had a confidence that I've never even seen in myself - on anything!  Here comes the line I really hate..."It seems like just yesterday" he was hesitant to even walk on the snow - much less going over metal railings in the terrain park area of the mountain.

Since I've made it clear that this blog is really for Caden to read years from now to see what was going on in his Papa's mind...please know that his Papa was unbelievably proud of him.

For those of you who think I mention my son too much on this here blog...if only you would have seen him, you would know why he was worth another post.

Oh - did I also mention that he thinks it's cool that he can go down a "black diamond" and his Papa can't (or won't)?

It's back to home tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You are not and I mean certainly not writing too much about that boy!!

    ReplyDelete