Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Let the pandering begin...

Mike Huckabee is a liar (hiding behind his title as Southern Baptist minister).  He knew exactly what he was doing today when he made the false statement about President Obama growing up in Kenya.

"One thing that I do know is his having grown up in Kenya, his view of the Brits, for example, very different than the average American ... his perspective as growing up in Kenya with a Kenyan father and grandfather, their view of the Mau Mau Revolution in Kenya is very different than ours because he probably grew up hearing that the British are a bunch of imperialists who persecuted his grandfather."

Please Mike - at least be honest and admit that you are pandering to the legions of people who are so mad that a black man is President that they will believe anything.  You call yourself a "Man of God".  Please - if God exists - he/she is ashamed of you today.  I realize that you said later that you 'misspoke' and really meant Indonesia - but how do you bring the "view of the Mau Mau Revolution" to Indonesia? You are a liar and are depending on the fact that the people you are trying to reach will only hear the part about Kenya and turn that into a negative for Obama.  The truth is never important to you.

Huckabee is the same man who thinks my son is part of a "social experiment".  Of course he has never met me or my son but feels he is qualified to speak about my family.  At least I have his own statements to form an opinion about him.  He knows nothing about me.  On some level I hope he runs for President because I want the country to fully understand what this man represents.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised at his statements since he is a Baptist minister.

Should I repeat the reasons why I no longer call myself Baptist?  I'll just let the words "Mike Huckabee" sum it up.

and just in case anyone is still wondering...Obama never grew up in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment