Friday, March 11, 2011

Finally...

It happened.  I think we have our first case of fever for Caden.  I should have never posted about him never being sick.  Can you say "jinx"?

I'm not even completely sure that his current state will qualify as illness.  I mentioned to his teacher this morning that he seems to be lethargic and a little warmer than usual.  She said she would call me if he didn't feel well later on.  Can you guess what happened?  Yes - I got the call a few hours later.  He continues to be lethargic and warm - but that's it.  Is it bad of me to say that I'm loving it.  I feel as if my baby has come back to visit for a while.  He took a nap for the first time in almost three years.  He wanted to lie in bed next to me with his head touching mine.  As much as I felt bad for him, I was also cherishing this brief visit back in time.  It's true what they say about time passing quickly.  He's no longer our baby and has somehow become our little boy.

Even if it's not real sickness - I'm going to hang on to it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment