Thursday, April 7, 2011

Disneyland pics and T-ball

Remember those Disneyland pics I said would be coming when I got around to posting them?  You thought I would have them up by now - didn't you?  I wish I could - but that would mean we had found the camera that we took them with.  Yes - the camera that has the pictures from our first family trip to Disneyland.  That one - the one we can't find.  Maybe it's a good thing.  Our imaginations can always make the trip much more colorful than it actually was - although it was pretty darn colorful.

I do have the results from Caden's first T-ball game.  Let's just say it was a draw.  As mentioned before, we didn't have T-ball when I was 5 years old, so I wasn't that familiar with how the actual games work - other than the kid hits the ball as it sits on a stick type contraption.  It's PC sport at it's finest.  Each kid gets to bat each of the three innings.  Do the math - three at bats per kid and no strike-outs.  5 year olds are scattered throughout the field randomly.  The runners can only advance one base at a time - until the final batter per inning gets to hit a "Grand Slam" and all runners head home.  The highlights come when batters don't know what to do after hitting the ball and fielders don't know they can move their feet to catch the ball.   Three innings of this is plenty - and between you and me - two innings would be plenty.  Did I mention that we have an 18 game season?  Yes - 18.  I think 10 would have been fine.

By the way - Caden loved it and caught the final ball of the game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment